Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Flicker

This is my attempt at the It's in the Eyes prompt! Thanks for the challenge http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/! And by the skin of my teeth I made the 75 word limit....with exactly 75 words! Hope you all enjoy :)

My eyes
Your eyes
Her eyes

Look into these eyes!

What do you see?

Can you see?

Everything is going wrong
Corruption has taken its toll

The life of a woman has been drained
Lost, without the mother’s roll

My existence was her doing
What could be left

She taught me love
And now I’m bereft

A flicker of life is all that remains
Now empty are her eyes
Back from whence she had came


© 2014 Sean LaSalvia/Poetic Clarity

13 comments:

  1. To a hope filled eyes to no hope in the eyes.I see here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. many layered sad song....nice lines..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see and feel the sadness in your poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes the muse has to leave you alone so you learn things with your own being.

    Nice poem.<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I really enjoy writing these prompts. It's a nice little challenge and I get to read so many other great poems! Thanks for the kind words :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. theres a lot to this I read It few times - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sad Sean. Hugs and thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great piece...we don't spend enough time looking into one another's eyes...they have so much to tell us

    ReplyDelete
  9. The eyes express so much for some... and for some, they remain the lifeless orbs they are.
    There is a sadness to your words, I am still measuring. Well-penned.
    -HA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sad those empty eyes. We would do well to: Look into these eyes! as you say. Nice poem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I was younger and the thought of my mother passing would come to mind, an overwhelming sadness would infect me for hours! Thankfully my mother is still here, but this poem was a way to let out what I have been scared of for years! I am very happy I was able to share this :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember the vacant, lost look in my mothers's eyes as she struggled through her journey with Alzheimer's. Your poem is beautifully composed, Sean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me tear up quite a bit! This is why we write, this is why we share to continue our stories. Telling the world about our problems and our accomplishments. Life is beautiful! I am very sorry to hear about your mother, but thank you for sharing. Your comment really hit me. Have a blessed day!

      Delete