Monday, January 27, 2014

Locked Away

Boy! Re-reading this really hit home! I wrote this last year and while I do still find much in common with this poem, my attitude is most certainly more optimistic. Hope you all enjoy :)

Dizzyingly disconnected from the world I inhabit
Reality is so close I can almost grab it

But with a mind clouded by haze
I stumble over words, and destroy a phrase

Sometimes it’s hard to see meaning in this
A life unfulfilled; away its been pissed

The times that days are clear
Are welcome changes that I fear

Not because clarity is something to despise
It’s a revelation I’d rather not realize

Because the days that follow are the worst of all
An attainment, in which I wish to stall

It’s an awful reminder of what one can be
When locked in a cage and never set free

© 2014 Sean LaSalvia/Poetic Clarity

2 comments:

  1. This hits home for me too. Lots of depth here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I most appreciate your addendum comment. It is vital to remember that despair and feelings of futility are almost always fleeting.

    http://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/2014/01/27/red-pajamas/

    ReplyDelete